The OSSTF District 19-Peel advocates for all of its 3500 TBU, OTBU and PSSP members, providing protection and support to secondary public teachers in Peel Region. As a strong, effective federation OSSTF is able to:
– Promote and advance the cause of public education
– Assure protection of the rights for all of its members
– Bargain contracts that protect and improve working conditions
– Offer professional growth and development
– Have an effective political voice
Founded in 1919, OSSTF/FEESO represents almost 60, 000 educational workers throughout Ontario.
The union works to protect its diverse membership which is represented by 140 bargaining units across the province.